MANHATTAN / MANHATTAN id Bonus Point Catalogue
Terms & Conditions for Redemption / Purchase of Gifts:
- Offers in this catalogue are applicable to Cardholders of MANHATTAN
Credit Cards and MANHATTAN Co-branded Credit Cards ("Applicable
- While offers in this catalogue shall be valid until 31 December 2011
(unless otherwise specified), Bonus Points shall be valid for redemption
as per condition (8).
- Acceptance of applications for redemption and purchase of gifts by
Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (the "Bank") is
subject to the Credit Card Account(s) under which the redemption is
stated to be made being valid and in good standing and subject to stock
availability. Orders for gift items shall be entertained on a first-come,
first-served basis, while stock lasts.
- Provided that the Cardholder has accumulated sufficient valid Bonus
Points and has sufficient available credit limit, and subject to condition
(6) below, there is no limit to the number of gift items that each Cardholder
is entitled to redeem / purchase at any one time.
- Subject to condition (6) below, in respect of Accounts which have
both a Principal and a Supplementary Credit Card, the Cardholder is
not entitled to draw upon the Bonus Points accumulated in his or her
related Principal and Supplementary Credit Card Accounts under his or
her own name. Only Bonus Points shown in the latest issued monthly statement
can be redeemed. For discount purchases, payment may only be charged
to one of the Cardholder's own Credit Card Accounts. Any order signed
by the Cardholder will constitute his/her authority to debit his/her
Credit Card Account with the amount of the monetary payment. Other methods
of payment will not be accepted.
- Upon acceptance of the application, Bonus Points shall be deducted
from and payment shall be charged against the Credit Card Account(s)
specified by the Cardholder. Such transaction details shall appear on
the following monthly statement of each relevant Credit Card Account.
If any one of the Credit Card Accounts in the instructions does not
contain sufficient number of Bonus Points specified for deduction by
the Cardholder, and/or the available credit limit of his or her Credit
Card Account is insufficient to cover the purchase made, the said application
shall be cancelled automatically.
- Bonus Points shall be awarded monthly. One Bonus Point will be awarded
for every HK$1 spent by a Cardholder using his or her Applicable Credit
Card(s) (including cash advance, but excluding annual fee, past due
charges, overlimit charges, interest/finance charges, balance transfer
amount, "Credit Cash" amount, tax payment, the aggregate of
the Instalment Transaction Price and the Handling Fee of "MANHATTAN's
Anything Goes Instalment" and whole amount of "MANHATTAN's
Interest-Free Instalment"). For any cancellation of new purchase
transactions, the relevant Bonus Points gained will be deducted from
the account accordingly.
- The maximum period for accumulation of Bonus Points is 24 months (except
that the accumulation period is 36 months for MANHATTAN Platinum Credit
Card). The Bonus Points expiry date will be clearly shown in the monthly
statement. After the Bonus Points expiry date, all accumulated expired
Bonus Points shall be cancelled from Cardholder's Credit Card Account
without further notice. Bonus Points earned before Bonus Points expiry
date cannot be combined with those earned after Bonus Points expiry
date for redemption.
- Applications for redemption / purchase received after the relevant
Cardholder's Credit Card Account has been closed or expired (as determined
by the date of the post mark of the application) shall be invalid and
will not be accepted. All accumulated Bonus Points on such account will
become void with effect from the date of such closure or expiry.
- The expiry date of Bonus Points and Credit Card can be different.
Any application for redemption of the Bonus Points should be made under
the conditions specified in conditions (8) and (9) as stated above.
- Once order applications have been accepted by the Bank, no cancellation
or alterations can be made. Gift voucher / redemption letter will be
sent to Cardholder within 2 to 4 weeks after order application is confirmed.
If a Cardholder has not received any notification within 4 weeks, he
or she should make inquiries through the Customer Service Hotline, otherwise
orders will be cancelled 6 months after application and the Bonus Points
and amount deducted in respect of such orders will not be returned.
- All the gift items should be redeemed before the redemption deadline
which specified on the gift vouchers / redemption letters. Otherwise,
Bonus Points and amount for the redemption / purchase will not be returned.
- No trial period is available for all gift items and all gifts are
non-returnable unless the product suffers from any manufacturing defect
or is damaged upon delivery. Should a Cardholder wish to request a replacement
item due to the aforesaid reason(s), please call 2881 0888 during office
hours within 14 days of receipt to arrange for replacement of the same
item(s). The Bank is not the supplier of the gift vouchers, or these
products and services, and therefore does not have any legal responsibilities
in respect of the use of gift vouchers, supply, quality, design, or
format of products and services. The Bank is not responsible for any
loss or theft of redeemed gift vouchers or items.
- The Bank has made every effort to ensure all information in the catalogue
is accurate, however the Bank accepts no responsibility for any error
or omission contained therein. The Bank reserves the right to make the
final decision if there is any inaccuracy or omission.
- All items are to be collected by Cardholders in person upon presentation
of the redemption letters and the Cardholders Applicable Credit Card,
or by a designated individual upon presentation of his / her HKID Card,
that Cardholders redemption letters, a written authorization from the
Cardholder stating the name and the HKID Card number of the designated
individual, and a copy of both sides of the relevant Applicable Credit
Card(s), with the Cardholder's signature (the signature should be the
same as that on the Applicable Credit Card).
- All gift vouchers (including but not limited to cash vouchers, discount
vouchers and dining discount vouchers) offered to Cardholders will only
be redeemable in accordance with terms and conditions endorsed on them.
- Unless specified, all gift vouchers cannot be used in conjunction
with any other promotional offers or discounts and cannot be exchanged
for cash or transferred.
- Offer shall be terminated immediately upon closure of merchants.
- The Bank reserves the right to amend all terms and conditions of this
MANHATTAN / MANHATTAN id Bonus Point Catalogue at any time. In case
of disputes, decision of the Bank shall be final.
- In event of any differences between the Chinese and English versions,
the English version shall prevail.
MANHATTAN Credit Card 24-hour Customer Service Hotline: 2881 0888
Manhattan Card – a division of Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited